Hashtag's Video department has created this new Script Writer role for three New York and one L.A.-based anchors of short news-based videos. News segments come from across the fields that Complex covers: Sports, Music, Pop Culture, Style, and Sneakers.
The right candidate must be knowledgable across these areas and capable of writing entertaining, snappy scripts that can then be given to an anchor to perform. You should be able to write to a specific anchor's voice, have experience in journalism and will be called upon to work on longer, more research-intensive pieces when time is available. You need to be flexible when it comes to hours. When not writing, candidate will assist with editing scripts for other anchors.
- Produce three to four scripts per day, and longer pieces on occasion
- Work closely with the anchors to get a feel for their style and voice
- Work with news editors for Complex.com to ensure that all stories are timely, accurate, and on brand
- Edit and fact-check scripts for other anchors when senior editors are unavailable
- 1+ year of experience writing scripts or editorial pieces
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Quick and accurate in your work
- A great communicator - talking, listening and especially writing
HBC offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people.