Hashtag's editorial department is seeking an ambitious creative to concept, write, and produce video content in the role of Editorial Producer. This person will work closely with the Hashtag Sports editors and Hashtag TV’s production team to create internet video magic. This is a full-time position in the New York office.
The ideal candidate should have a background in writing, editing, or video producing, and should have a strong understanding of online video formats and trends. Candidates should also have a deep knowledge of the Sports world—especially basketball, football, and soccer—and feel at home in the world of social media and memes.
- Oversee creative development and execution of video content for Complex Sports and related websites
- Write video scripts, treatments, and prepare questions for video interviews
- Collaborate with video editors and producers to refine final edits of video content
- Work closely with Complex Sports editorial team to maintain video synergy with non-video content
- Hire and direct freelance video writers and interviewers
- Write and publish editorial and social posts to promote video pieces
- At least 2 years of experience with creating online video content
- Deep knowledge of and enthusiasm for sports and athlete celebrity culture, especially basketball and football. Knowledge of related popular culture, including hip-hop, TV, and internet memes, is a plus.
- A firm grasp of video and social media platforms and communities, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, and more
- Familiarity with WordPress, Google Docs, and basic web publishing processes