The Refined Taste, a joint venture between Hashlife Media and a leading alcohol brand, is looking for an Editor/Community Manager. This individual will manage the brand’s presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms and oversee the creation of original editorial content focused on the intersection of gastronomy, music, art, and cognac.
The ideal candidate should be fluent in topics including new music (particularly hip-hop), art, and food/cocktail culture. The ideal candidate should also have a broader perspective on how these topics fit into the pop-culture landscape. We are looking for an ambitious social media guru who can help to develop the brand’s unique voice and act as the site’s Editor-in-Chief working with a team of freelancers to effectively create and promote content and attract new fans and followers.
The ideal candidate will have a vision for creating and implementing a comprehensive social media and content strategy in a crowded media landscape, as well as experience managing social channels. An aptitude for adopting and using Internet slang, memes, etc. in a non-corny way is a huge bonus.
- Envision and execute effective social media and content strategy
- Manage the brand’s presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. to extend the brand and drive traffic to the website and engagement across the platforms
- Create innovative social media initiatives
- Engage with fans across all platforms to build a community
- Maintain client guardrails across all channels and monitor platforms
- Communicate social initiatives and data to client
- Track and optimize social metrics
- Work with relevant internal departments at Hashtag Board Co to apply social strategy to other aspects of the business, including offline events and branded content
- Work with freelancers on the creation of a variety of content types including long-form articles, short-form posts and social copy
- Edit content created by both internal and external writers.
- Develop and maintain a quality control process for each type of content created internally or externally
- Coherently convey brand initiatives, style guidelines, and guardrails to all internal and external parties
- Work and interface directly with clients to move content through the approval and production process.
- Tireless work ethic and great attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Desire to innovate and stay on top of new trends in social media
- Ability to multitask and switch gears quickly
- Experience working with clients is a plus
- Knowledge of music, art, and food/cocktail culture
- A understanding of the spirits industry and cognac in particular