Want to work for a hip, exciting, young and fast growing company? Hashtag Board Co is looking for a motivated and successful Account Director to join our leading young men’s platform. You will be a part of a top-notch sales team, selling integrated marketing programs across desktop, mobile, video, branded content and print. We have an entrepreneurial culture where you can lead the sales and marketing efforts for your client list. This role is based in our headquarters of New York City.
The ideal candidate is creative, ambitious, organized and is great at identifying and closing business across specific categories.
Hashtag is the perfect environment for team players with a passion for never-been-done-before programs, branded content creation, building custom ad units and developing long-term partnerships. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing brand and team while earning a very competitive compensation.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on monthly/quarterly/annual basis across digital, mobile, video, branded content and print.
- Build existing account relationships while prospecting and developing new accounts
- Schedule and executive at least 10 face-to-face meetings a week including lunches, dinners and client entertaining.
- Act as a liaison between Complex and advertiser on all marketing programs, including but not limited to advertising campaigns, advertorials, events, social and mobile promotions.
- Gather market and advertiser information through competitive magazines, websites as well as trade journals.
- Keep abreast of forthcoming marketing and editorial developments and special promotions to communicate with advertiser base.
- Prepare weekly sales reports.
- 4+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- Must have experience that focuses on youth (15-34) male culture
- A bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills
- Campaign management experience
- “Win-Win” attitude with a hunger to meet and exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skillset